Datum Electronics Ltd– World Leaders in supply of “Torque and Rotary/Shaft Power Measurement” are looking for a new member to join our Sales Team as a Marine Sales Executive.
Datum Electronics design, manufacturer and provide innovative torque & shaft power measurement solutions to customers all over the world. Our products include shaft torque sensors, torque transducers, torque meters, marine shaft power meters, bolt-on strain gauge sensors, amplifiers, power take off (PTO) shaft sensors and wind turbine monitoring systems.
The successful candidate will ideally be based at our Headquarters on the Isle however experience would permit remote working opportunities. International travel will be an essential part of the role also.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager the main function of the Technical Sales Executive involves establishing new customers and account management of existing clients through direct sell or via our international network of re-sellers and distributors. Aiding customers from initial enquiry and concept through to after sales and support as required for an array of both standard or bespoke sensors or systems.
We are looking for a motivated, dynamic, and driven individual with a natural and proven technical sales ability. The candidate must be able to understand new technology and technical concepts (Product training will be given). The successful candidate will also be required to contribute to the company’s marketing efforts.
A background of 3 or more years technical sales experience in the load, strain, torque, systems or industrial systems market sectors would be beneficial.
Requirements for this role include:
- Knowledge of Strain Gauge based technologies preferably in the field of Torque or Strain Measurement
- Experience in Industrial and /or Marine sectors
- Able to organise and attend technical sales visits / customer meetings (C
- Be able to travel frequently, predominately within Europe but further afield as required by the business
- Be able to both demonstrate and present products
- Establishing new business internationally in a variety of market sectors
- Providing quotations and negotiating contracts
- Maintaining accurate records
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences, and meetings
- Must be able to pro-actively research needs of the relevant market sectors
- Must be self-motivated, dynamic and a Team player
- Excellent written & verbal skills are essential
- Maintain positive relationships to existing client base to secure repeat business and encourage up-sell / cross-sell whenever opportunities arise
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate both internally and externally
In return we offer:
- Very competitive remuneration package including uncapped commission scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Rewarding and modern work atmosphere and company ethos
- The opportunity to build a strong career within Technical Sales and develop your career progression within the company
- Medical Care package
- Death in Service package
- Laptop, Phone, Car and other incentives.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to Careers@datum-electronics.co.uk