Effective Power Measurement from your driveshaft
Datum Electronics new Series 420 PTO Shaft Torque and Power Monitoring System will monitor and log the shaft torque, shaft speed and transmitted power accurately when testing new systems driven from all standard PTO Shafts.
The tractor’s PTO or stub shaft, transfers power from the tractor to the PTO-driven machine or implement. Power transfer is accomplished by connecting a drive shaft from the machinery to the tractor’s PTO stub shaft. Common examples include elevators, grain augers and silage blowers. The PTO and drive shaft rotate at 540 rpm (9 times/sec.) or 1,000 rpm (16.6 times/sec.) when operating at full recommended speed. At all speeds, they rotate in proportion to the speed of the tractor engine.
Efficient measurement and monitoring of this power can be a useful tool in research and analysis into the performance of a tractor transmission system highlighting efficiency savings measurement and control.
- Power Monitoring
- Robust Design for use in field applications
- IP 54
- Easy Installation
- Accurate Results (0.5% Accuracy)
- Direct USB Interface into PC or laptop
The Series 420 PTO System has a non-contact transmissions system that provides a digital output directly proportional to Torque. Supplied as a complete transducer with bearings to support the stator unit, this robust design gives performance data by actual measurement on the rotating drive shaft. It is suitable for most power take off applications.
The PTO system has a female coupling on one end and a male fitting on the opposite end. The female end is coupled to the male end of the application. The PTO system acts like an extension adaptor, with the male end replicating the male end of the application. The torque and speed signals are transmitted from the shaft to a static cover assembly.
Measuring torque in both directions, clockwise and anti-clockwise the system provides accurate readings of Power, Torque and Speed logged to a T310TSP Handheld indicator. If required, the system can also be adapted to record and analyse the data onto a PC or laptop with our TorqueLog software.
STANDARD CONFIGURATIONS INCLUDE:
- Male / Female 1” 3/8 x 6 spline
- Male / Female 1” 3/8 x 21 spline
- Male / Female 1” 3/4 x 6 spline
- Male / Female 1″ 3/4 x 20 spline
- 540 / 1,000 rpm as standard (up to 3,000rpm if required)
POWER RATING (MIN):
- Standard 1″3/8 shaft configurations
- Measures Power 135HP or 101kW at 540rpm
- Measures Power 253HP or 188kW at 1000rpm
STANDARD 1″3/4 SHAFT CONFIGURATIONS
- Measures Power: 190HP or 141kW at 540rpm
- Measures Power: 350HP or 261kW at 1000rpm
- Measures Torque up to a maximum of 1,800Nm on all standard 1″3/8 shafts
- Measures Torque up to a maximum of 2,500Nm on all standard 1″3/4 shafts To get in touch with our team, use our contact form or contact us on: Telephone: +44 (0) 1983 28 28 34
Fax: +44 (0) 1983 28 28 35 Commerical Enquiries: Email: email@example.com We also have a network of partners, distributors and re-sellers
around the globe able to assist you locally in certain areas, View our Where to Buy Page We look forward to hearing from you!