- Why should I choose Datum Electronics strain gauge, measurement sensors and amplifiers?Datum’s bolt-on strain gauge and measurement sensors have been developed to suit the harshest of environments – they are robust and water-resistant, and can be installed without soldering or special adhesives
- What are the most common applications for Datum’s off-the-shelf strain measurement sensors and amplifiers?Datum Electronics’ range of bolt-on strain measurement sensors are regularly used in industrial applications such as Silo Weighing, Tank Weighing, Hopper Weighing, Bunker Weighing, Bin Weighing, Container Weight Verification and Onboard Vehicle Weighing
- Can Datum’s standard strain gauges provide temperature compensation?Yes – our 3-hole bolt-on strain gauge can provide temperature compensation, along with a live continuous data stream to a vehicle’s systems
Bolt-on Strain Measurement Sensors – Introduction
Datum Electronics bolt-on strain sensors are an ideal solution to many strain measurement requirements. They are robust, dust & water resistant, suitable for the harshest of environments, including high-stress level applications.
Bolt on strain gauge sensors are compact in size, can provide temperature compensation (see out 3-hole bolt-on sensors) and have been designed to be easily installed without soldering or gauge adhesive.
Typical Applications for Datum Strain Measurement Sensors
Worldwide installations for:
- Silo Weighing
- Tank Weighing
- Hopper Weighing
- Bin Weighing
- Bunker Weighing
- Container Weight Verification
- and other large industrial uses
The strain sensors are also used as an onboard weighing solution, when mounted to a vehicle’s bridge or axle, acting as weighing scales and providing reliable and accurate data to a vehicle’s system as live continuous data. Forklift trucks (transporting packages of varying weights), articulated vehicles, dump trucks, and agricultural trailers also benefit from having the ability to gain real-time weight measurements.
Off-the-shelf or Custom Strain Measurement Sensors
Bolt-On strain gauge and measurement sensors can be mass produced for customers requiring an OEM solution for their particular application, meaning you can have a load sensor tailored to your requirements, supplied in volumes, which can be retro fitted or installed in your production line.