The technical requirements in this treaty are aimed at promoting the use of more energy efficient (less polluting) equipment and engines. In determining the best way to save fuel, we must initially understand how it is utilised and how efficient the vessel is, in converting the energy. A complex ship system will already provide much of the information required to ascertain fuel usage and maintenance of the vessel but a measurement of shaft power can show the efficiencies.
As a result, we developed Marine Shaft Power Meter Systems to meet the requirements of the Commercial Marine customers to provide ongoing power monitoring data on ships. The current usage of the systems is to provide data for fuel economy and equipment maintenance planning programs. Fitted at an early stage the torsion meter system can be used in Ship Acceptance Trials and from that point on be a measure of the condition of the ship throughout its life cycle.
Shaft Power Meter Features
- Fully Modular System: Shafts from 150mm to 1,100mm (and above)
- 100% Contactless
- Maintenance Free
- Highly Reliable
- Instrumentation Accuracy: 0.1%
- System Accuracy: 0.1%
- System Repeatability: 0.05%
- Multiple Outputs: RS485, RS232, Modbus, Ethernet, 0-10V, 4-20mA, and USB Logging
- Operating Temperature: -15˚C + 80 ˚C
- Environmental Sealing: IP67
- Supply Voltage: 110 – 230 Vac, III or I, AC or DC 12-24V
- Can Be Installed and Commissioned in 1-2 days
- One-Time Calibration (No Re-Zero or Re-Calibration Required)
For us, the big advantage of the Datum Torque meter is its modular design. As the rotor belt’s size is adjustable, it can fit on any size of shaft, which gives the system great flexibility. The installations are carried out by very knowledgeable and well-experienced commissioning engineers, which is complemented by an excellent level of pre and after-sales support provided by the broader Datum team. The Datum Torque meter plays an important role in the efficient operation of our performance monitoring system by generating reliable data which we can use to optimise voyages and maintain our fleet.
– Oldendorff Carriers GmbH & Co. KG